Thought Leader | Author | Speaker | Advocate | IPS (Retd)
Meeran Chadha Borwankar
Meeran Chadha Borwankar
Pan Macmillan, India
Dr. Meeran Chadha Borwankar is a retired officer of the Indian Police Service (IPS).
Member of 'Core Advisory Group on Criminal Justice System Reforms' constituted by
the National Human Rights Commission.
Independent External Monitor (IEM) for
Union Bank of India and National National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO)
Was IEM For Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL), Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL) & Air India.
Is on the board of different schools of Delhi Public School Society (DPS)
She served in the Maharashtra cadre of the prestigious IPS from 1981 till 2017.
Posted across many cities, districts and zones, she has held the following positions
during her career:
Director General Bureau of Police Research and Development, India
Director General National Crime Records Bureau, India
Director General, Legal and Technical, Maharashtra
Commissioner of Police, Pune
Chief of Maharashtra Prison Dept
Chief of Crime Branch, Mumbai
IG and SP CID, Crime Maharashtra and Secretary Centre for Police Research, Pune
Director Centre for Good Governance, YASHADA, Pune
DIG CBI, Economic Offences Wing and Anti Corruption wing
Superintendent of Police Aurangabad & Satara districts
DCP Zone IV and Crime (P) Mumbai
Add SP Kolhapur, ASP Gadhinglaj and ASP Nasik (Rural)
True Police stories
Dr. Borwankar has won several awards during her career, including
• Recipient of President of India Police Medal for Distinguished Services 2006 & Police Medal for Meritorious Services (1997)
• Pune University ‘Jivan Sadhana Gaurav’ Award (2016)
• FICCI FLO & Golden Maharashtra ‘Woman Achiever’s Award’ (2014)
• 'Distinguished Leadership Award for Internationals-2008' from University of Minnesota, U.S.A.
• ‘Management Woman Achiever’ of the Year 2006-07 award by Bombay Management Association.
• Rukmani Award from Yeshwantrao Chavan Open University, Nashik for excellent service in the Police (2004)
• Loksatta Durga Jivan Award (2019)
Articles by Dr. Borwankar
From Law, Community Policing, Gender, Policy Formulation, Criminal Justice Reforms & Human Rights, Dr. Borwankar writes on a breadth of topics pertinent to modern India.
Check 'The Indian Express' for her writing.
"You have challenged the traditions of power, changed its equations. You have acted on your belief, of equality before the law and of the rule of law. So, they will shout, of course. But don’t you let that daunt you."
- Dr. M. C. Borwankar
Dr. Borwankar is an author, public speaker and trainer for legal and administrative specialists.
Get in touch with her for more information about upcoming releases, or if you want Dr. Borwankar to speak at your event.