Thought Leader | Author | Speaker | Advocate | IPS (Retd)
Meeran Chadha Borwankar
Dr. Borwankar has won several awards during her career, including
• Recipient of President of India Police Medal for Distinguished Services 2006 & Police Medal for Meritorious Services (1997)
• Pune University ‘Jivan Sadhana Gaurav’ Award (2016)
• FICCI FLO & Golden Maharashtra ‘Woman Achiever’s Award’ (2014)
• 'Distinguished Leadership Award for Internationals-2008' from University of Minnesota, U.S.A.
• ‘Management Woman Achiever’ of the Year 2006-07 award by Bombay Management Association.
• Rukmani Award from Yeshwantrao Chavan Open University, Nashik for excellent service in the Police (2004)
• Loksatta Durga Jivan Award (2019)
Dr. Meeran Chadha Borwankar is a retired officer of the Indian Police Service (IPS).
Member of 'Core Advisory Group on Criminal Justice System Reforms' constituted by the National Human Rights Commission.
Independent External Monitor (IEM) for
Union Bank of India
Was IEM For Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL), Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL) & Air India.
Is on the board of different schools of Delhi Public School Society (DPS)
She served in the Maharashtra cadre of the prestigious IPS from 1981 till 2017. Posted across many cities, districts and zones, she has held the following positions during her career:
► Director General Bureau of Police Research and Development, India
► Director General National Crime Records Bureau, India
► Director General, Legal and Technical, Maharashtra
► Commissioner of Police, Pune
► Chief of Crime Branch, Mumbai
► Chief of Maharashtra Prison Dept
Articles by Dr. Borwankar
From Law, Community Policing, Gender, Policy Formulation, Criminal Justice Reforms & Human Rights, Dr. Borwankar writes on a breadth of topics pertinent to modern India.
Read her latest articles on
Dr. Borwankar is an author, public speaker and trainer for legal and administrative specialists.
Get in touch with her for more information about upcoming releases, or if you want Dr. Borwankar to speak at your event.
"You have challenged the traditions of power, changed its equations. You have acted on your belief, of equality before the law and of the rule of law. So, they will shout, of course. But don’t you let that daunt you."