About Dr. Borwankar
IPS | Author | Motivational Speaker | Advocate
Dr. M. C. Borwankar served as an officer of the Indian Police Service (IPS). She serves in the Maharashtra cadre of the prestigious IPS from 1981 till 2017.
She completed her Doctorate on Organisational management, and Bachelor of Law (LLB) from University of Pune. She is a post graduate in English Literature from GND University, Punjab.
She is a Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow with University of Minnesota, USA, and completed a four-month Executive Development Program from University of New England, Australia.
She has several dozen publications in the form of articles in national and international journals, research reports on investigation, gender, law enforcement, e-governance, and Community participation.
Dr. Borwankar's Career
Dr. Borwankar served in the Maharashtra cadre of the prestigious IPS from 1981 till 2017. Posted across many cities, districts and zones, she has held the following positions during her career:
► Director General Bureau of Police Research and Development, India
► Director General National Crime Records Bureau, India
► Director General, Legal and Technical, Maharashtra
► Police Commissioner, Pune City (2011-13)
► Chief of Crime Branch, Mumbai
► Chief of Maharashtra Prison Dept
► Director General, Maharashtra Police (2015-17)
► Headed Economic offence wing of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Western and Southern India
► Headed Centre for Good Governance, YASHADA, Pune
► Superintendent of Police and Inspector General of Police, CID Crime, Maharashtra
► Secretary of 'Center for Police Research', Pune
► Deputy Commissioner of Police Mumbai, Port Zone, Zone IV and Crime Branch
► First woman District Police Chief in Maharashtra (Aurangabad and Satara districts)
• Recipient of President of India Police Medal for Distinguished Services 2006 & Police Medal for Meritorious Services Jan. 1997
• Pune University ‘Jivan Sadhana Gaurav’ award 2016
• FICCI FLO & Golden Maharashtra ‘Woman Achiever’s Award’ 2014.
• 'Distinguished Leadership Award for Internationals-2008' from University of Minnesota, U.S.A.
• ‘Management Woman Achiever’ of the Year 2006-07 award by Bombay Management Association.
• Rukmani Award from Yeshwantrao Chavan Open University, Nashik for excellent service in the Police 2004
• Institution Building
• Capacity Building
• Investigation of crime/financial crime
• Law & Governance
• Community participation